Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Our First Measurable Snowfall


The road home.

We are getting our first measurable snowfall for 2007 just in time for Valentine's day. So far we're measuring at about 2 inches. This is supposed to turn into sleet and freezing rain as the evening deepens and the weather folks are warning about the morning travel to work.

The trip home from the job today was interesting. The city was slippy but once outside the city, the roads, though wet and covered with snow in spots weren't bad driving. Maybe that was due to the less people on the roads. It wasn't until I got into my home town that I ran into some pretty slippery roads. As I got out of the town (I live on a mountain on the southern end of town), the roads became more covered with snow and very slippery. Even in 4x4 I was being very careful. It was nasty out there!

I will wait to see what the morning brings.

No comments: