Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Westminister Dog Show

The beagle won the best in show at this prestigious dog show. OK, I'm accepting that. This little guy was just a show stopper. Even with the 2 diamentional viewing of the TV, he was full of spirit and personality.

For the working class, I was hoping the Tibetan Mastiff, a new breed accepted into the AKC this year, would win. Now there is a dog! I seem to have a deep fondness for the working class dogs. They are bigger, stronger, powerhouse dogs. Just more impressive. http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org/2008/show/news/newbreeds_111607.html I was impressed with this dog. I can see the Saint Bernard, Newfoundland, Mastiff, Great Pernese and any number of other large working breeds in this dog. He is quite a beauty. The only thing I don't like about these impressive giants is their life span. 8 to 10 years is usually all you get out of them. They seem to have such big, wonderful hearts that burn out just a little to quickly. I know. I had a Newfoundland that died way to young. The Tibetan Mastiff seemed to be a favorite of the spectators of the show as well.
The Herding group was an Australian Shephard. A dog in the collie family. I like the collies too. I should. I have a Shetland Sheepdog. My personal feelings on this dog was his color. I guess I'm not much for the merils. I like the sables and tri-colors personally.
It was an interesting show. I enjoyed watching it this year, especially since I have no real preference for the dog what wins. The beagle was the cutest little guy and so full of himself, he was hard to resist.

1 comment:

JBelle said...

This here's a Dogue!