Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shalimar's new lease on life


Tootsie
Shalimar is doing very good now. It was a long, scary 5 weeks, but I think she is back on track and maybe even a little better than that.

I has to visit the vet's office yesterday to get more of her asthma meds, but I didn't take her along. Instead I did talk to the vet and told her about everything I was doing to help this cat and that she has finally improved enough to set up an appointment for her annual shots. Dr. DaLuca read through the book that I'd taken with me, listen to what I was saying and said that I obviously did something right that Shalimar had made such good progress. She also said that she's never used any alternative medicines before so this was interesting.

Today, Shalimar was coughing here and there. A dry cough and usually only one at a time. There has been no sneezing from her in over two days now. Her eyes are back to normal and she's been quite visible. The past two nights she's been sleeping in the bed with me. She's also been up to her usual attitude around Tootsie - "I'm the Bombay. I'm the beauty. I'm the boss."

She is definitely feeling better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so good to know. She's been on my mind. I was so worried for her.

Austin