Thursday, April 09, 2009

A Stress Breaker



With the situation at work, I need a stress breaker when I get home. Remember now that my Husband is going though the same thing at work and his stress release is to talk about it ALL THE TIME!


Tonight when I got home, in mid sentence AGAIN! I grabbed the camera and went outside.



The grass has turned a rich green and color is beginning to pop up all over the garden. I have yellow and dual tone daffodils; very lovely deep blue native violets with very deep purple leaves.


The wee tiny bright yellow flowers of the spice bush, show here with a fly resting on one. This is a native bush to this area. When a bird planted a mulberry tree right next to it, I asked a environmentalist which I should move. He said the mulberry tree as it is not a native. But whatever I do, DO NOT disturb the native spice bush. He mentioned that they were rare.



Then there is the very lovely Snow Fountain Weeping Cherry. This little tree is very happy with it's home and grows and blooms wonderfully.



Last but not least are my little primroses. I simply love this little flower and use it as a ground cover. If they make it through the first summer and winter, they will return to a very thick colony and be better than ever. I have several that are a number of years old now.

It was so pleasant walking around the garden today looking at all my plants. I still have some work to do out there and yes, it will get done, eventually. But right now, just watching them bloom and watching the birds in the garden are all I need.

2 comments:

M. Domínguez Senra said...

Wonderful images!
It's better don't talk about work more than 5 minutes every day. 5 minutes is hygienic, more than 5 minutes is not good for our health.
Things are every day more and more uneasy, I know.
Kind regards!

Dottie said...

That weeping cherry is spectacular! I just love primrose, don't you! Mine are just starting to open.