Friday, May 22, 2009

Mornings


There are morning when I don't have to report to the office until a bit later. Those morning this time of year are my favorite. I get to do the things I love to do most - inspect my garden with my morning coffee and water the pot plants. The earlier it begins to get light, the earlier I'm outside.
This year my beech is looking exceptionally stunning. Usually a lovely shade of pink this time of year, this year it is a deep pink. Just beautiful.

The rhododendrons are beginning to be done now. This Roseum Elegans which was found two years ago dying in a Walmart parking lot, is now one of the most stunning of my Rhodies. Still quite small, it is just knocking itself out trying to let me know that it likes my care.
The trees are finished blooming now and the perennials are just getting started. I was very happy this morning, complete content as I picked the first strawberries for the season. I see good eating coming.

1 comment:

austin said...

I know your yard has got to be stunning in person. In photos is wonderful but in person it's got to be simply stunning.

Our veggie garden was expanded this year. I hope for success.