Saturday, June 11, 2011

Relay for Cancer

Today we went to a "Relay for Cancer" event and the Conestoga Valley HS track and field. It was a wonderful day, even with the brief shower. Today was a cross dressing event for the men. Tons of fun!!


Shortly before my mother passed, another family member, Jim Ziggler passed away from cancer. This spurred on many of the family members who were closest to him to join in the fun and try to earn some money for the cause.


We couldn't resist the temptation to take pictures of the guys in the "Ziggy Zone" as they cross-dressed for this event. The object was for them to go around the entire track and field area collecting as much money as they could for cancer research.


While there we also met other folks we knew who have retired from work. This was a very fun day!





There were quite a number of men dressing for this event and I must admit I was impressed with the individually and creativity they expressed with dressing up. They each seemed to have something different to share. Some were even brave enough to wear heels and strut around the field. Now there's a feat even I wouldn't want to attempt.


I'm not exactly sure how much money the "Ziggy Zone" made for the cancer research, but I do know they made it to the "Gold Zone". Great job, folks!


I do know I left there pretty much cash poor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. What a fund and interesting way to raise money for such a worthy cause. Thanks for sharing this with us.