Saturday, January 07, 2006

Anniversaries


This past Wednesday was my anniversary. 24 years. It's hard to believe that an entire lifetime has passed already. OK, well looking back always seems faster than looking forward. Still, it seems that time is flying by faster all the time. I liked the statement said to me once by a coworker...

"The older you get the less time you have in front of you and the faster it goes."

Now it is time to start thinking about my next anniversary. That one being 25 years is one of significance. It also would be one that should be celebrated in a different way than all the rest. Always before we went out for dinner, usually to a high-end restaurant as we are doing this weekend to celebrate this anniversary.

There are a couple of ideas that I am kicking around for next year's celebration.

1) Taking a trip to California in time for the Rose Bowl, which is also over my anniversary. A nice dinner, some sights and possibly Disneyland as well as visit with some close friends if they are still living there at that time.

2) Possibly having the wedding I never had. My mother and I had a disagreement so many years ago about the wedding I wanted to plan. She didn't like my choice of guests and decided I needed to have a large wedding with all the trimmings and everyone I ever met, even if it was just once. She said they were bored and needed entertainment. I got upset and ran to Maryland to elope allowing her to put together a reception some time later. Now, I'm thinking that maybe we should do the ceremony but I'm not sure if I want to go to that expense and when we should do it. Should it be done on the same day as the original date and done at the chapel at the children's home where my husband grew up? Or, maybe wait until later in the year, such as early June, and have it in my back garden, under the arbor when all the roses are in bloom. You know I have exactly 100 roses mostly in that area. If I can't make up my mind soon, I'll probably just forget this all together.

I'm just not sure what I will do yet.

2 comments:

Austin of Sundrip said...

maybe highlight every wonderful occasion you've spent together then narrow it down to where these good times took place. the place that comes up the most in the best memories is where you might have a party or even a ceremony. if tradition is important then add tradition. if the newer times would compliment your lives better then think in that direction. the anniniversary is of you and your loved one, not you and the rest of the world. enjoy yourselves. appreciate the growth and learn from past mistakes and always, always move forward.
Austin

Tom Kendig said...

Trying to find your first blog post.

Can you post a picture of your 24th anniversary? I like all your blogging and hope to review some of the last 4 years on line. Great blogging record!

TEK