Friday, May 05, 2006

Mid Spring Garden Shots



The patio is now finished except for some curing of the cement edging show here with plastic over it to help it cure properly. That will be taken off in about 5 days. Sand will be applied between the cracks of the paver stones for the next 12 weeks or so until it is time to put a sealer on the entire thing. There is an arbor to angle over the curved edge where the urn is and a little bench will sit beneath it. The urn too just where it is. The arbor may not come until autumn. Right now, this project was very heavy, filthy and hard work. With the cement edge it finished to a 15'x21' patio. I swear I will never do this again.

Celestrial Dogwood










Cranesbill


Gilliard Rose ~ Azalea












Josee ~ Dwarf Lilac






Theresa Bugnet ~ Hybrid Rugosa, Rose





Liberty ~ Hosta





Theresa Bugnet bud ~ Rose











Viburnum



Yoshino Gawa ~ tree peony










Zurel tulips
















3 comments:

SolitaryDancer said...

Absolutely lovely!!!!! I've been way behind in my journal reading and I am trying to catch up. You have some amazing garden pics. It's nice when you have the room to do things in your yard. Mine is small so I have to keep things scaled down.

I did want to let you know that I could not get Blogger to work the way I wanted it to so all my recipes are over on wordpress. Just wanted to make sure you have the link.

http://solitarydancer.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

The patio turned out great. I like the idea of the decorative pavers. What a variety of flowers, they are all so beautiful.

Austin of Sundrip said...

i've only heard of the regular tulips that you buy in the store, the kind you see plastered all over easter stuff. i've never seen a tulip like this before. i feel i've been deprived my whole life. LOL. WOW!!! Shockingly beautiful flowers. Heck, you know what my yard looks like. i need to visit your virtual garden and pretend Cappy is romping around in your fresh green grass. no watering the flowers though. and i always pick up after him.
LOL
Austin