Friday, January 12, 2007

Something New


Since I started working days, my attire has changed a good bit. I'm wearing more slacks and sweaters and jewelery. Within the first month I had worked the new shift, most of my jewelery broke. Who knows why? From sitting in my dresser for over 10 years without being worn, or just from age. It doesn't really matter, they just broke.
So I had started out on a jewelery quest just before Christmas, wanting new stuff to wear to work. Yes, I like wearing it, but not to much at once. I'll usually wear a brooch or pendent and a pair of earrings.
I found some really great stuff too. Also, my granddaughters bought me some necklaces and earrings for Christmas. Or at least they picked them out and Daddy bought them for me. It was pretty too!
Husband has decided that I needed a new jewelery dresser to put all this new jewelery in and has been keeping himself busy building one. The outside of the dresser is now put together. It needs stained and finished yet, and the inside needs to be done. Most of the drawers will be partitioned to compartments for bracelets, necklaces and brooches. The top will have some ring bars in it and all the drawers will be covered in felt. It is decorated on three sides because I don't want it for a specific place. I'm planning on redoing the master suite in the next couple of years and may have a different place for it then. I want to be able to move it around the room (not that that's going to happen often, the thing is quite heavy) if I so choose.
It'll be nice to have a beautiful piece of furniture to keep my jewelery in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is beautiful.
let me guess what you gave to deserve such a beautiful gift? Love, right? Love purely and honestly. That is very much lacking in the world. If that is "all" you have to give then you stand above many in this world. They value items and items rust with time, they brake and get lost. You can not hold them during a sunset or walk with them in a garden. You, Mr. "Gardener" offer gifts that do not rust or break. You can not tell me there is no value in that. For those who can't see it I'd suggest a visit to an optometrist.

smiles to you and yours,
Austin

Anonymous said...

perhaps a locket with a picture of each new baby could go in your jewelry drawer. Each drawer could have a small plate dedicated to a particular generation in your family....not necessarily something huge or even on the outside but perhaps inside....kind of like a building from the first generations until now to keep all the jewels, old and new, together. You could put all kinds of family heir looms in here.
Your blogger buddies want to see the finished product.

smiles to you and yours,
Austin