Saturday, July 26, 2008

Breaking in a new camera

Dublin Bay Large Flowering Climber
Ok, so we can't live with just one camera. We had to get another. This is a test to see how it does. So far, I like it.

Julia Childs Floribunda Rose


Red Hot Returns daylily


Tootsie

As of Wednesday, Tootsie will be with us for 8 weeks. She and Shalimar are getting along much better and will spend time playing now. Lots of ambushing going on in this house, but they do appear to like each other somewhat. Tootsie is still learning the ropes of this household and she's somewhat nervous, but not as much as she had been.

4 comments:

M. Domínguez Senra said...

She looks sad and wise. I like her.

M. Domínguez Senra said...

For Tootsie and Shalimar:
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=LdfNTO_o-3k&feature=related

JBelle said...

what kind of new camera?!

Julie said...

The camera is another Cannon, this time the XTi. We looked at the XTs, but for the difference in price, the XTi would be sufficient. However, we have been working at acquiring new lenses. We got one with the stabilizer and are waiting for another, this time a 50mm/macro that I wanted for the XT.

So far this year I haven't gotten any really decent shots for the contests that I usually enter. I actually missed one contest all together. My roses look like crap but are good enough to experiment with these new lenses.