Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day



Merry Christmas everyone!

It's a quiet day here today. Just me and my husband busy doing absolutely nothing. The day is beautiful. He's outside washing the cars and I spent a good bit of the afternoon lingering in the garden mostly just inspecting my plants, making sure everything has survived the ice storms this month and that all are looking strong and healthy. All but one, anyway. I see a mess come March when it's time to prepare for the spring but that will come when it comes. Right now, it's a pleasant day and a holiday and we plan on enjoying it just doing things we love to do. I even got a nap! How about that!

I did make phone calls to the family. My mother's Christmas could be better. She's in the hospital 1400 miles away. Right now she's not feeling the best, but there is family near her and they were on their way to visit as I talked to her. So she hasn't been alone. My other sisters have been calling her as well. Everyone else has their special plans for the day.

Husband got me two gardening journals and both are an absolute treasure. One is a 1-year Pennsylvania garden journal with plenty of places to scotch tape pictures of my garden; a vendor area for plants that I am planting new in 2009 and a weekly journal to keep account of all the plants and how they perform. I've been keeping this journal every year since 2002 when I started this garden. The other is a 5-year journal with a place for vendors, new plants and a brief update on the week and how plants performed. There is also a lot of room for pictures of the garden as the weeks and months change it. He got a couple of flannel shirts to keep him warm over the winter.

So far the day has been quite lovely and restful. Isn't that what holidays are for? Husband does work tonight. This will be a regular shift for him. He doesn't mind though. The paper pays well for those who work holidays. We just posponed our holiday celebrations until the weekend. All is well and fine. I hope everyone has a joyous holiday.

1 comment:

M. Domínguez Senra said...

I'm having dayly (these days) a nap of about 10 minuts, that it's the best after a good meal.
My little pome granate tree had a hot bad time after my Summer holidays but now is relieving and some green leaves are growing besides de dead ones. It's snowing near Barcelona, but not here.
I wish you a joyful 2009!