Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More on Mother

Last evening I called the hospital where my mother is staying. Since there are no phones in the patient's rooms, I spoke to her nurse. It appears that this hospital does put surgery patients in SICU right after surgery and with my mother's condition and age, it was taking her a bit of time to recover. Of course this frightened the family.

I liked Mother's nurse right away and we chatted a little, talked about my mother some, and this nurse was very informative, not leaving anything out as well as being patient will all my questions. She told me that she was hoping that my mother was moved into a general room in the AM, this morning and that she was doing quite well now, was chatty and a pleasure to be around. This nurse also told me that there was a good chance Mom might be going home by Friday. We chatted a bit more and I found out that this nurse was a Florida transplant, originally coming from Pittsburgh. We exchanged pleasantries and holiday wishes before I hung up.

I will be calling my step-father this evening to see how Mother is doing. If she was moved, he is probably the best person to speak with to get information about where she is and her phone numbers. I will probably be posting an update a bit later.

No comments: