Wednesday, September 06, 2006

My first day on the job



Sexy Rexy - Floribunda, medium pink, double, introduced in 1984. Rated 8.7 out of 10 as a garden rose. Don'tja love that name!!!! This is the second Sexy Rexy I've had. I left the first one behind when we moved thinking that it was very easy to get ahold of. This one came out of the garden of a friend who had passed away two years ago and his wife was nervous about taking care of roses. She told me that this is what he would have wanted anyway. A very good rose in the garden, disease resistant and in almost constant bloom. The blooms are rather smallish as is with most forlibundas.

Yesterday was the first day of my new shift. Now, you'd think I would be quite comfortable with this as most of the people there already knew me, I know the job, what's expected and what to expect. But it still felt like a new job. I'm using my typing skills for the first time in almost 25 years and need to get used to that. My time-card is in a different place. Otherwise, it's pretty much old news, yet different. I'm working with my old boss from years back and it feels good. He has seemed to mellow out some over the years which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I want to give myself a week of getting up and going to work verses getting up and vegetating in front of the computer for hours. Then I'll know better what I think of it. Right now it just feels new.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that rose is breath taking.