Sunday, October 08, 2006

Something Pretty


Chrysanthemum 'Jane'. This is a very pretty mum, rather large and has a tendency to get kind of leggy even with pruning. Still, it's well worth growing and it's appearance of delicateness belies it's strength. I have two bushes that are 4 years old. Each year I think they are goners and each year they make a beautiful appearance, though be it late. The flower petals do have a strong tendency to spot when they get wet, which is probably why this variety isn't seen as much. Yet, the bushes are full enough and replenish damaged flowers quickly. I like this mum. The flowers look like little tu-tus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A lot of the flowers on your site I've only seen here for the first time. I'm rather partial to pink so this caught my eye quickly. The gardens above were great too.

Aussie