Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Mists

I’ve been suffering from stress and headaches again. I think it’s because of the bathroom remodel. When this is finished, I’m not sure what I want to do first, use the shower or the whirlpool. I need the jets for the knots in my back muscles but I also want to try that really cool shower. It’s going on 5 weeks now for a remodel that was supposed to last 3 weeks. Par for the course. I’m not upset about this but it does appear to be taking it’s toll anyway. I’m hoping this will be over soon, not because I am upset with the builder, but just because of these headaches.

I went to see an old friend, Linda, this weekend. It was so nice to see her again and to rejuvenate the friendship. It’s been far to many years since I’d seen her and so much has happened in both our lives. While I was visiting, her oldest daughter stopped by. I was surprised that Colleen remembered me. The visit lasted all afternoon and we left with her wanting to come and visit me. This is a good thing. I found out that she works at the local market that is just across the street from where I work. I may have to visit her at her stand over my lunch break some day soon.

My relationship with Linda kind of reminds me of that bittersweet chick-flick, "The Pond House". We run the same circles, the same areas but just seem to pass each other in the mist. Now with this conscious effort to meet again, maybe this fog has been lifted and we’ll be able to regain that close friendship we shared so many years ago. Oh, it won’t be the same, so much has happened both good and bad, but maybe the friendship will be just as strong. Only time will tell.

No comments: