Thursday, September 27, 2007

Back In The Day

Working days gives one a whole different look on the world. The team that I work with enjoys joking and sharing trivia mostly as well as knowledge. One girl who has since retired, always enjoy every question by asking Jeves (Ask.com). She was a wealth of information and trivia.

One of my favorite sayings that flies around the prepress room is "Back In The Day." I find this an interesting comment and it's usually associated with a time when I was young, single and before.

Name a few things that were "Back In The Day." A few things for me were....

The TV shows, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie and Bonanza
White Wall Tires
The soap opera, Dark Shadows
Going to hops
Music from John Lenon, Beach Boys, Monkeys, The Osmonds and Dianna Ross
The Moody Blues
Woodstock
57 Chevys and those back seats

All these things were "Back In The Day." Let me know what you remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie. Back in the day, I miss it sometimes.
The Hustle
Saturday Night Fever
Studio 54
American Bandstand
Feathered Hair
Charlies Angels, Happy Days, Threes Company, Welcome Back Kotter, Little House on the Prairie
Flashlight tag, jump rope, 4 square
Have a good day.
April

Anonymous said...

You know Dark Shadows is going to be a movie soon right? I can't say I remember it but I was told it was one of the very first soaps out.

I remember most of what April said.

American Bandstand- when music was good but fashion was scary.
Feathered Hair - I'm still trying to forget that one. I may actually have short term memory loss from all the hair spray used in that travesty. It made the restroom in high school a chemical hazard zone.

For me back in the day was the 80's which means trying to look like Michael Jackson and hopefully missing the mark. It meant wearing a shimmering glove to school only to be sent home because JM gloves were against the rules. Back in the 80's meant pants with zippers all over them, bright neon clothes, big hair and big hair rock bands. MC Hammer and Run DMC were at the top of the charts. John Mellincamp was till John Cougar Mellancamp. Ronald Reagan was president. And back in the day before geography classes I thought Iraq was the past tense of Iran.
I run. I ran. I rag.
Who knew?

Austin