Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Holidays

The presents are wrapped; the lost gift receipts are found; the cookies are baked; the office x-mas party is prepared for. I think I'm caught up for now. Saturday will start the cooking. A pumpkin pie; the turkey; the sweet potato casserole will all be prepared and some made. I'll be wiped out until the party gets here, but I will have a good time hosting it.

Sunday is my Christmas party. What happened to Christmas Day? Well, some of us are working so the day of will be a quiet one for me. I've gotten so used to even not having Christmas Day off that it's old hat to celebrate it any time during the week between and around the winter solstice. I was telling my boss about the winter solstice celebration today. He'd never heard of it before. But he did seem excited about the idea.

I'm tired. I've been getting up at 4am every morning this week and on my feet until about 10pm each day. Dinner tonight was soup and sandwich because I was to pooped to cook. I did take advantage of a beautiful day and walk around the yard after work. It was nice to walk around and look at all my sleeping plants - seeing all the stuff I didn't do this past fall. I'll get it there.

It appears that I will be so busy this winter that I won't have time until March to do much in the garden. I have things going on each month, and almost each week. My weekends in January are filling up quickly.

Bratley pulled his shoulder this morning. Right now I'm just watching him. So far, I've not seen a reason to take him to the vet, but if his shoulder doesn't clear up in a day or two, he'll be going. It was to sudden to be anything but a stepping injury. He went out the door just fine but came in limping.

I hope the holidays bring some meaning to everyone.

No comments: