Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Things


Today was rather warm but not pleasant. This evening it is raining. So today was spent at the local mall. Some time ago, Husband had won a raffle that he played and won $1,000. Normally, I would cringe at this, but when he got the money, he had no idea what he wanted to do with it, so he put it in our joint account and it's been there ever since. Yesterday he decided what he wanted to use some of it for...he got a Bow-flex home gym what was greatly reduced at Sears. I was ecstatic! We'd had a Weidler years ago, but didn't want to put it in storage when we built, so we gave it to the son. I didn't realize at the time how much I would miss that home gym.


http://www.bowflexshop.com/bhg_microsite/products/xtremese/prdcdovr~100026/Bowflex+Xtreme+SE+Home+Gym.jsp

Today we went to pick it up and I got to test out the display one that they had set up. Oh, yeah. I think I'll use that machine as much as Husband will. I will still do my dance exercises as well and take the dog for a walk, especially since this Bow-flex doesn't have the stepper the Weidler did. The Weidler also used weights instead of tension but I think I'm going to like the tension. I also like my dance exercises and will like them more as I get to know the routines.

So today, I did my dance exercises, took Bratley for a power walk and did some playing around on the Bow-flex at Sears. I also played with the cat and made a flannel shirt for Husband. It's been a busy day.

I don't expect the Bow-flex to be set up for about a week. It will reside downstairs in the safe room where the temperatures are usually even at about 68 degrees, but that room doesn't have all the drywall and insulation up yet. The wall where the gym is going to go, needs done and next week Husband will be busy finishing that wall so he can set up the gym. I'm trying to talk Husband into inviting the son over to help with setup.

When we had the Weidler, we had that set up in the great room lower level and when we would have a party, it was also used as a seat. People would ask me if I used that machine and I would say "Every day" which I did. I had a routine that I used with that machine to stay toned. That's what we'll use this Bow-flex for.

While we were out we stopped for a lunch. Now, at dinner time, I'm not really hungry but most likely will be in about an hour. I'm strongly considering pancakes for dinner. Something easy to eat.

No comments: