Sunday, September 07, 2008

New Artwork

I've gotten a rare order for cards. So, at least someone likes them. Anyway, since I don't get many orders, I do a lot of custom work.

I've hesitated about putting these on because of friends who've had trouble with folks copying their work and plastering them on other websites, or in once case, the front page of a local newspaper! I've been getting pretty lax at signing these pieces, but for the sake of this blog and my website, I'll start doing that with small pics I put on here.

Anway, with all that said...
For those of you who love Sunflowers. The mirrored sunflowers on the background are flowers from my garden which I deemed not all that good for the main subject.


This rose is Brigadoon. I don't have it in my garden - yet. But believe me, it's one of the few Hybrid Teas that I will be getting. This is such a lovely rose and I understand that it is fabulous in my area. Like Gemini, this rose is a must for my garden. The picture of the rose was taken at Hershey Botanical Gardens and though it didn't place for me in any of the contests I entered it i, it is most beautiful for my cards.



This card was made with a picture I took last summer at Hershey Botanical Gardens. It is also the winner of "Princess" (a court win) at the American Rose Society Photo Contest this spring. To date this is my top win. So, of course, I had to turn this lovely photo into a card as well. I think all of my new cards are lovely. And if you notice, they are all signed.

4 comments:

JBelle said...

hi Julie-0

I have grown Brigadoon for 20 years, same bush, and it's a marvel. You must get it. If I can find one, I'd like to get another.

I love the sunflowers! is that one new?

Julie said...

Jbelle, It takes me awhile to actually make the move when I want a new rose. I don't know why. Maybe next spring.

All three of these cards are new within the past week or so.

Anonymous said...

Concerning sunflowers as the main subject you said: "which I deemed not all that good for the main subject." Sunflowers should always be first. That's my strong belief, Sunflowers always come first.

I sign my work, even the tiny stuff because as you said copyright laws are not always followed.

Very nice cards, especially the Sunflower cards.

Austin

Julie said...

Austin, the sunflowers I used for the mirror effect were not perfect flowers, but great for the use I gave them. Sunflowers make a lovely subject and are quite popular.