Monday, October 06, 2008

More about Shalimar

Shalimar went to her regular vet this evening. It turns out that she has a severe sore throat. This is what has been keeping her from eating and drinking. The antibiotics have helped some and this morning I took her into the bathroom while I took my shower. The humidity really seemed to help her.

When I got her home from the vet, we changed her eating to soft cool food and ice water. She was one hungry, thirsty kitty. I'm to keep her on the antibiotics for the duration but my vet thinks she should be eating her regular food in a day or two. But appears now that she will get better.

2 comments:

JBelle said...

wow! didn't know cats could get sore throats. :(

Julie said...

Actually, Jbelle, I think there more than that going on here. She had an acute asthymna attack, which I think also swelled all her nodes and sinses. She also has a secondary infection which doesn't allow us the option of steriods. We're still trying to get this thing under control. It is frustrating. We will get it under control and hopfully will learn something from all this at keeping her attack free and quiet. She's eating and drinking now which is good.