Sunday, May 09, 2010

A Sad Thing


Yoshino Gawa.....

After 4 days of sustained high winds of 20 to 40 mph, we suffered a loss. My beloved Yoshino Gawa tree peony was grabbed by the wind and broken completely off just below ground level. It was a healthy, mature tree peony and always a subject of our cameras every year in bloom.

I had been so excited to be able to get this bush eight years ago, thinking and I still do, that it was a beautiful tree peony.



Yoshino Gawa flower...

Husband thought that maybe we could save it, but seriously, it was completely broken off the root. I haven't seen they Yoshino in a couple of years so I will have to pick another to replace it next spring.

Tree peonies are pricey and I'll need time to save up the money to buy another. That's OK. By next spring I will be able to get one. In the meantime, I still have Rimpo.

No comments: