Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's Official Now

It's official. Starting the week of September 4th, I'll be starting my new position in the prepress department at work, working days. This will be very different for me having worked on the night shift of the prepress department for 21 years. The day shift has a different rhythm and my jobs will be a little different. Most of them I've done before but there will be at least one new one.

The boss is a man I worked with for the first 10 years of my service there. Since there were no serious problems working with him then, I feel comfortable that there will be no serious problems now. I've worked with most of my co-workers before as well, but there are new ones there I've not worked with before. There are more co-workers. Right now I work in a team of 4 to 5. On the day shift I will be working with a team of 14 to 16.

The work load will be quite different too but right now, I'm not sure I can describe it. There will be quite an adjustment, not just having to get up in the morning to be at work instead of sitting on the deck with coffee but the entire job itself. As far as the morning coffee on the deck...I'm usually up by 5:00 am now and can enjoy a cup of coffee on the deck, do a load of laundry, hang it and still be ready for work by the 7:20 am drive to the job.

I'm looking forward to this change in the job and in the lifestyle. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Austin of Sundrip said...

you were at 3rd shift last right? now you're on first shift? Does your body know when to sleep Julie?

In my home, the strange garden, I now have one living plant. (long sigh)

Austin