Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Broken Dryer

For the past month now I've been without a dryer. I had purchased a new washer/dryer set and had it delivered the first week of October. It was a wonderful b-day present if I would consider it so. However, the first week of November I noticed the dryer was making all kinds of really strange noises. We called the store and they sent a repair man out to check it out. At first he didn't find anything wrong, but then, on the return to the company, they sent him back out. The dryer was making the noises as Husband was on the phone with the company and they heard it.

The repairman discovered that the blower wheel of my dryer was actually split in half. He told me he wanted to order all the pieces but in the end, he only got one. Apparently, Bosh told him what he needed to fix this dryer. The second piece was even worse than the first one. So, yet another wait for another replacement piece (this time the entire assembly). All the pieces have now arrived at the appliance store except one. The appliance store wants to replace the dryer and Bosh keeps saying "no". Hopefully this machine will be fixed tomorrow.

I found a customer service email on their website and wrote them a letter:

I am complaining about my Bosch dryer Model #3321, Serial #84476022208. I've had it for two month and for the past month it has had a broken blower wheel. The dealer has been working with us trying to fix this problem, but after the 4th broken blower wheel, the dryer still is not functional. We bought what we thought was top-of-the-line and it just doesn't work. What is your explanation for this and is this the kind of workmanship I can expect from your products? There is yet another repair scheduled. Martin's Appliance are doing their best to try and fix this problem. My greivence is not with them. It is with you for allowing these cracked blower wheels to continue to be put in your machines.
I am tired of being without a dryer to finish my laundry, especially now that it's cold. I paid good money for this machine and want to use it.
What can you do to fix this problem? I want to know. Also I would appreciate an extended warranty since I can no longer trust the workmanship of your product.
Thankyou so much for listening. I'll be waiting your response.

I hope these people respond to this because after a month of not having my dryer working, I am just a tad upset.

No comments: