Monday, December 25, 2006

What Do You Think?





I finally got the first of my display pieces for my counted cross stitch collection. I found it rather funny that the camera picked up every stitch! But, nonetheless, I think it looks rather nice. This one is Cupcake, made from the artwork that made one of my bestselling cards. I'm still trying to find a market for these things.

I've already started the second of a series of four.

In other news...as I sit here writing this, the radio starts to play the Superman song (oh, I don't know what it's called, but I like it). It reminds me that I watched the new "Superman Returns" movie this weekend. I rather liked it. If you haven't had the chance to see it, I recommend it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The song is by the group Five For Fighting and is called Superman (It's Not Easy)
some of the lyrics are-

It might sound absurd
But don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed
But won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
It's not easy to be me
Up, up and away, away from me
Well, it's alright
You can all sleep sound tonight
I'm not crazy or anything
I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a phony red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me, inside of me

That group has great stuff. He is awesome on the piano. They also do the song 100 Years and The Riddle. Try LetsSingIt.com for their lyrics.

Ps. I can see the pattern. I love the red and the pink contrast.

Austin

Dianne said...

Hi Julie!
Austin sent me to your blog and I was admiring your rose cross stitch piece. I just did something on a red background and it will show every stitch. Beautiful job!
Happy New Year!