Sunday, December 10, 2006

Cooking Baking Time



Farmer Bear inspecting my cookies that I enjoy baking this time of year. Farmer Bear resides in my kitchen to make sure that all food I prepare is etable.

Every year for Christmas, I get my brother and sisters something. Then I also bake some cookies. I started this last night, actually, and will do one or two more kinds of cookies. On the plate are Cowboy cookies (the chocolate ones made with cocoa, chocolate chips, walnuts but very light with the flower, baking soda, etc; just enough to hold them together). The other, lighter cookies are my favorites, Snickerdoodles. I usually make at least two batches of snickerdoodles since I have a tendency to eat one batch. I also have at least two pounds of san tarts in the fridge to be cut into bells, sleighs, santas and stars, egged and decorated tomorrow evening. What I like about the san tarts I make is the cream of tarter. I don't usually taste it in the decorated cookies I get from other people. This recipe appears to be an old family recipe.

Husband went out today and bought a package of cookies saying that we should eat those instead of the ones I'm making or they won't make it to the tins I got to pack them in for Christmas presents. I might pack the store bought cookies. Mine are 100x better so it's possible that the cookies in the cookie jar won't get eaten. Wait until I make those San tarts tomorrow! The recipe I have makes 24 dozen. But boy are they good!

Are you making cookies this year?

No comments: