Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday, April 14, 2007 (7:31pm)


What a beautiful day today. It was surely a surprise. I was expecting it to be somewhat stormy, cold and miserable as it has been for April so far. The forsythia are in bloom and the cooler temps are allowing them to stay in bloom so much longer that warmer years. That’s a good thing. I’ve spent as much time as possible out in the garden pruning and fertilizing the roses. Oh, they aren’t done yet, but I have more than 3/4 of them done. I need a part of one more day to finish them.

I’ve been enjoying my quiet time out in the garden. It’s where I want to be. I’m not all that interested in TV and I don’t listen to the radio much. I have my sewing for the inside times and of course the house to take care of. My most company these days are the pets. Both Shalimar and Bratley have been very good kids. It concerns me that Bratley keeps getting fatter and fatter. I’ve also noticed that his new bag of dog food seems to be vanishing a little to quickly. I’m thinking that Bob is over feeding him and there’s simply nothing I can say to him to make him understand that.

As I was out fertilizing what roses were ready before the heavy rains come in tonight, I was listening to the neighbors as they gathered next door. I felt very alone just then. A very familiar feeling but also depressing. It felt so sadly normal. I felt alone, like I would always be alone.

It is forecasted to rain pretty much all of next week. That’s OK. I will be able to finish my summer wardrobe and get it in my closet, get the house cleaned and rest.

No comments: