Sunday, April 29, 2007

More Garden Pictures




Virginia Blue Bells. Very short season. Once the blooms are spent, the plant will go dormant again until next year. It does spread but very slowly. One of the most beautiful of plants. I wait for this one every year.









Tahiti daffodil. Continually a nice double daffodil year after year.








Purple Leaf Cherry blossoms. This is the start of the season for this tree. When in full bloom, you will see only flowers. The rest of the summer it has these beautiful purple leaves that turn an even brighter purple in the fall. A lovely contrast to the bronze of the red oak and the yellow of the tulip poplar.





Leopard's Bane. A short lived perennial. I thought two years ago that this plant was done. Then this year, it appear out of nowhere in a different spot than it was and growing nicely. This is such a beautiful flower.

Dalsnaugh Daffidol. One of my favorite double daffidols. This one has a tendency to be rather finicky, looking like this only when the conditions are just right.

I've been busy in the garden, as usual this time of year, weeding and cleaning up all the gardens and getting them ready for mulch. It's been harder than usual as I was changing shifts last year and had to get adjusted to that. Hence I left the garden go. I have 8 beds ready for the mulch and 5 more to go. I've also been planting the little plants I bought this spring. All the roses are pruned, shaped and fed. Now to finish the beds and get them ready for mulch. If anyone wants to volunteer to help weed, let me know.

No comments: