Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring


It seems that spring has finally gotten here. It's been in the mid 70s for the past two days. The daffodils are blooming, the birds are building nests and the garden work is never ending.
However, today, I was able to get some things done. I had been pruning roses for the past two weeks. I was hoping to finish them today, but some errands got in that way and I'll be finishing the last half of the last bush tomorrow. Then to fertilize the last eight , seven of which I pruned to day and the one I will finish tomorrow. Then it's time to renew my personal relationship with the hoe.
The roses I pruned today were the 5 year old miniature monsters in my front yard -- Peaches & Cream. The bushes are big, but very thick and with a lot of dead in the middle. They were able to butcher up my arms pretty good until I got the bright idea to put on my extra long gloves that would protect me up to my elbows.
This evening I decided to start my last two garments for my spring/summer wardrobe. There is a fabric store going out of business here (a bad thing), but the fabric was on sale for a decent percentage off. I went nuts in there a while back and bought about $100 of fabric for a series of garments for my spring/summer wardrobe. These last two are a matching shell and skirt. It is a lovely black/white fabric with verticle bands of lace and bands of flowers and bands of pasley. Black/white fabric seems to be in this year. It shouldn't take me long to get these done. The skirt is almost together now, after an hour of sewing it. Finishing the seams seem to take up the most time. The shell will take a little longer since it has sleeves. It'll be pretty when it's done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We look forward to photographs.

Austin