Sunday, July 01, 2007

Old Friends

I found an old friend last evening and called her. We had worked together so many years ago and had celebrated each other's weddings, birth of children, divorces, family deaths and heartaches. She and her girls accompanied us and our Captain to Newfoundland swim meets and made applesauce together. After I had left Historic Strasburg Inn, our get-togethers became more spaced until we finally lost touch. I was so glad I found her. I'd been looking for her for some time but last night, trying to locate her again, I came across a name I'd not seen before. She had gotten remarried and this strange name is what led me to her. It was a stroke of luck. I spent an hour on the phone with her doing some basic catchup but we're planning on getting together once again for more indepth catching up. We haven't decided where yet, just a date. I'm looking forward to it. There's a lot to talk about. We've been through so much together and could only scratch the surface yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, to find old friends like that. I had two girls I use to hang with in junior high school that I think about all the time. A third girl I use to hang with I run into every few months. Sometimes running into old friends reminds us that not all good is in the past but that it will pop us when we need it most.... like luck I suppose.

Austin