Tuesday, October 16, 2007

From the Diary

I got home from work last night to a wonderful smell in the house. My immediate thought was "Oh, no! Bob is cooking again!" When he cooks, it’s usually with the help of the local grocery store or a restaurant establishment. Then anything that I had been trying to accomplish, such as defrosting meat for dinner usually goes bad and I end up throwing it out. That to me is a waste of money and it always upsets me.

I lifted the lid of the pot on the stove and saw sautéed chicken and mushrooms and another pot of noodles. I asked if that was the chicken in the refrigerator and he said yes. He said he’d gotten some hamburger out of the freezer and saw the chicken, deciding that it had better be eaten, so he decided to cook that instead.

The meal was quite tasty and I wasn’t upset with his attempt to cook at all. He used the meat that I had defrosted and I was OK with that. It was different from his usual attempts at cooking. With the chicken and mushrooms over a bed of noodles, he also served a lovely lettuce salad. Very nice. All this was to help save some time as Monday’s is usually errand evening since we’re both home.

It was nice.

No comments: