Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Funny Thing Happened...





...at work today! It seems that folks found out tomorrow is my birthday!

That in itself isn't such a bad thing I guess. Of course I was announcing it all of last week, so why shouldn't they have noticed or known.

The big thing was a coworker, a lady I work with closely brought me a neckless and a card for my birthday. This was absolutely wonderful! And the beads are so pretty! I told her this wasn't necessary, thanked her and just couldn't help it! I had to wear them. I just love them!!


Later the boss hollered through the football field size room that I had a package at the front desk. He hollered loud enough that the entire prepress heard and all teased me all the way down to the first floor that I had gotten flowers. And wouldn't you know!? I got down there and yes, there were flowers waiting for me at the receptionists desk. Apparently this happens a good bit. Of course, I had to bring them back up to the prepress so that every one could see them, sniff them and read the card, which of course, was from my Husband. Then they proceeded to ask where their birthday treat was.

Now, the balloon that trailed behind everywhere the flowers went, announced to the world that it was my birthday and everyone I passed wished me a happy birthday (which is really tomorrow).

Now, I'm off tomorrow because of my birthday and will go to a local 5* restaurant for dinner. They have a nice package for birthdays and it would be nice to take advantage of that. So I told everyone at work that I'd treat on Monday when I return. So, now I'm committed to taking food into work for a birthday treat. Donuts would be nice, but since I have so much time to figure this out, maybe I'll bake something good. Brownies sound nice.


Last but not least, I couldn't resist a picture of my little halloween cat. She is just the cutest little thing. She is barely 8 pounds. My little Shalimar is the sweetest little thing.

2 comments:

Tom Kendig said...

Julie,

Well a late Happy Birthday.

The five star restaurant should get it's own blog post and review :-).

On my birthday (you are exactly one month younger that I am) I always do this all you can eat large sushi place. I eat for free as long as I bring someone with me.

Always nice to know someone cares about you on your birthday.

Enjoy!

Cousing TEK

Little-Duck said...

That necklace is so pretty. I like the colours on it a lot. I couldn't get away with wearing something like that.

Hey, this is another jewelry piece to go in your chest that DH is making for you.

Austin