Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Busy Week






I've had a busy week. I got my certificates from the American Rose Society for my winning photographs. Next month my rose society wants me to explain what makes a prize winning photograph. And we're all to bring photos along to be judged by peers. This should be interesting. The last time I did this, the meeting ran way long and everyone had a wonderful time.
I am hoping this year to have some really great roses in my garden. I'm getting the cameras ready now and will be practicing as soon as the daffodils begin to bloom.

2 comments:

Ki said...

The roses in the last photo are incredibly beautiful. What kind are they? Georgous photo. I can see those awards are richly deserved.

Julie said...

The rose in the last photo is called Summer Fashion. It is a unique and lovely rose that you don't see much around here.

It's funny, but this photo was an entry whim rather than one I had picked out. It just filled a spot I had nothing for. Taking 2nd place in the Nationals and Best in Show for the Districts was a huge surprise.