Sunday, April 02, 2006

Something New


I'd been feeling so sick that I decided I needed to pamper myself some. I bought myself a new dress for $28.99. Husband thought he should pamper himself because I'd been so sick leaving him to clean the house and cook the meals. He decided on a new truck for $28,000. What's wrong with this picture???

We had argued Thursday because he wanted to go out and test drive trucks. I wasn't willing to leave the house. Yep. I stayed home. I told him he was more than welcome to go out and test drive all he wanted and inform me of each when he returned. Friday morning he decided to do just that and came home with this beautiful fire red GMC Canyon. No, he didn't buy it. He brought it home for the test drive which lasted until today.

I got to test drive it without all the time and stress of the sales people. I was feeling better Friday and even went back to work for the first day. It's still going to be a long recovery for my illness, but I'm making progress daily now. We drove the truck all day Friday and into Saturday before returning it to the dealership. However, I must say that it now permanently resides in our driveway.

One of the biggest things I had about this was that Husband was giving up his Wrangler. That Sierra had been in the family for the past seven years and we did enjoy the "top down fun" of it in the summer. But we really did need some hauling ability. The Cherokee provides some, but for tall stuff, there was a problem. Being gardners, we often lug a lot of tall plants around and even with the top down on the Wrangler, we were still limited on how big we could go.

Husband hasn't said a word about the Wrangler since he decided to do this. It sat at the dealership while we test drove the Canyon. We cleaned it out today and realized the Wrangler was a nice looking vehicle with less than 50,000 miles on it. They'll have no problem getting top dollar for it.

I drove the truck home today from a birthday party. I like it. It doesn't drive like a truck but handles nicely and has a great suspension on it. Yes, it is a 4x4. We couldn't live on this mountain without it. I think we're going to really like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, so you have a new truck! A new red truck! Life is good with spring fever.

What color dress did you buy to wear in the new truck? Blue?

The truck will stand out. Hubby will have heads turning! Hope those heads turning are women and not cops :-)

TEK