Tuesday, March 28, 2006

New Family Members

I know I don't talk about the aquarium much and there isn't much reason to. Since we first set it up in January, we've lost no fish, no snails, replaced nothing, the plants have grown. We started it with three bunches of plants, ten fish and four snails, one round one and three pointed ones. I was more interested in watching the aquarium today than the TV. In it I saw three bunches of plants, one not doing so well, ten fish, all healthy and let's see, three round snails and over a dozen pointed ones. What am I going to do with all these snails!!!!!

My energy level is still riding on pretty low, but at least I've seemed to stop getting worse. I can't say I'm any better, but I'm not worse either. It's been a long time since I've been this sick. I'm not happy.


Bob's doing better. His finger is healing nicely and so far it doesn't look infected. This is something we have to watch closely. Since he has an exposed break, it is possible infection could set into the bone. The doctor is very concerned about this. He had initially given Bob antibiotics to help prevent this but he had a violent reaction to the drug and was immediately taken off of it. Now we're doing this the old fashioned way. He puts neosporin on his thumb twice a day and keeps it wrapped. So far, we're good. No sign of infection. Not to much pain either. He has an appointment Thursday with the doctor and I'm thinking every week until the doctor is satified that the thumb is pretty well healed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Julie - glad you are finally starting the recovery cycle! It's miserable to be sick, especially when there is so much you want to get done outside. It's good you are taking care of yourself and allowing enough time for recovery.

On your snails...they will continue to multiply until that is all you have room for in your aquarium! My recommendation is to buy a fresh water puffer fish. They *love* snails and will keep the population comfortably under control.

Carmon