Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Snow Fountain Cherry


This spring has been exceptionally warm and beautiful this year. The garden has exploded as if it just couldn't wait for this wonderful weather. No wonder, after all the snow we've had.
Anyway, this was the 1st year in 7 that I've actually been able to appreciate my snow fountain weeping cherry. It's grown well, but blooms so early that I am still rarely outside to appreciate it - and it's beautiful fragrance. I never realized how beautiful this tree was before.
Everything is doing beautifully this year. I spend more time outside now (as much as possible). The roses are pruned and fertilized, the evergreens are fertilized and it's time to start with the trees and their yearly care. We've already transplanted a sweet birch to a place where it will be more appreciated and a few acquired perennials have gone in. My temporary greenhouse has gone up and my seedlings are in there as well as any plants that need hardening.
The nights are still cool and I find it hard to get up in the mornigs. The evenings are warm and waiting for me to return from the jobplace to work on the garden. Most weekedays I make dinner and then work on the garden for an hour before it gets to dark to see.
Last evening I planted my onions and finished the fertilizing of the evergreens. It's projected to rain today so my planting will be good. So far in the garden I have peas and lettuce and I'm sure the carrots are working on it. I should know soon.

No comments: