Thursday, January 17, 2008

Winter

Well, it appears that winter made here to the homestead. We have a total of about 3" so far and it's hard to say if we'll be getting to much more.
It did make for a beatiful snowfall and I was awed as usual on my slow trip home from work. The snow is wet and hung on the trees and bushes so beautifully. It clung to my New Dawn rose canes over the arbor and shrowding everything in white.
However, this garden is no comparison to the wild forests around my property. Only nature can make anything that beautiful.
I can't say that it's bitter cold outside because it isn't. Still, even the sight of snow can chill one to the bones. So we stayed indoors this evening curled into a ball on the sofas in various spots keeping warm. Shalimar is taking advantage of the extra soft cushions of the ancient sectional in front of the fireplace. This girl knows what's good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only nature can make anything that beautiful. <---- how true.

What a pretty kitty. Everything I learned about how to relax I learned from my kitty.

Austin