Thursday, February 23, 2006

Just a quick note



The first two of decorative 12x12 pavers are done! Well, almost, anyway. They need a good concrete sealer on them yet and then they will be completely done and ready for the patio. I want 20 of these spaced randomly throughout the patio.

Making the design is the difficult part. There are issues with height of the patio stone with the different sizes. These are about 1 3/4" thick, maybe a little less. The closest we've found are the 24x24 pavers that are about the same thickness. Now to find what else we can do to make these pavers reach the 24x24 we need to match the rest. I was thinking of half bricks in the chocolate color. I'll be checking to see what other options I have. I will keep you appraised of what happens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,

The RSS feed at yahoo 360 is working great. Lets me see you posts here right away.

The picture is worth a thousand words. I could not see in my mind what a decorative tile was, but now you provided the picture.

I patiently wait for a blog entry showing the completed project.

Cheers,

TEK

JBelle said...

These are freaking gorgeous. I want some.

Austin of Sundrip said...

i thought about you at the store the other day. i saw some tiles similar to this and was like, oh hey, Julie might like these. they were plastic though. lol. they looked kinda like the ones in the picture though.

smiles to you,
Austin

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blogs.I worked in my flower beds today as the bulbs are growing & so are the weeds.