Thursday, June 29, 2006

A Pretty Day


Arizona rose bud.

The rain has finally stopped, at least for now. It is still forcasted in the form of thunderstorms and showers through the weekend. We had a total of 15" in my back yard. In the local newspaper yesterday was the story of a family in Safe Harbor who clung to the trunk of a tree as the raging Conestoga River washed their vehicle away. This story unfolded less than a one minute drive from my home.

I'm still concerned about friends who live in Wilkes-Berrie. The entire town of 10,000 residence were evacuated because the huge Susquehanna was about and actually did flood the entire town.

A well loved uncle passed away the other day. His funeral will be tomorrow and I will go. It's consoling that he passed away without any pain and rather suddenly. He told his daughter that he wanted to lay down and rest. That was that. I always liked this uncle. He was a kind and gentle man.

2 comments:

Austin of Sundrip said...

I am so sorry and yes, it is good to know that he went peacefully...while resting. (((Julie))) <---- hugs

Did you ever figure out the name of the rose or did I miss that entry?

until again, Austin

Austin of Sundrip said...

Oh, and I'm happy you guys are safe. I heard from my friend today in Maryland. She is well. I hope the rain stops really soon out there. Did you hear about the tree at the white house falling because of the water log? It's the same tree on the back of the 20 dollar bill.

Austin