Friday, June 23, 2006

A Productive Week



This has been a pretty productive week for me. I found out that I don't need as much to finish my wardrobe as I thought for the new position I will be getting soon. The ad for my old position is now in the paper so the boss is actively looking for a replacement. I've spent the week at home working on the house. No reason, just a week off and the weather, though hot and humid, has been rather cooperative. I got the weeding done I wanted to and the deadheading started.

I also got a good start on some anniversary and birthday cards I needed to get done. There's still a lot to go for these but I have two done so far and a third well on the way to being there. Sometimes like the motif on this card will take several days to a week depending on how much time I have to work on it at once. It's the combination of filters and layers on it that make it interesting. Also the color. However, I can change the color to reflect my mood or what I like best for the look of the card. Actually more of the latter than anything. I still might change the color. I'm thinking a rich, deep, royal purple would look great and not take away from the petunias.

Once the card is the way I want to see it, it's just a matter of going to it, changing the text to suit the appropriate occasion and I have a card in minutes. That's what my website is all about. My cards are a bit more expensive than the usual dollar store card, but they are my designs and I'm not about to sell myself short.

This card is almost complete. I need to figure out which catagory I want to put it in...probably my Victorian Collection...and put in the words for the occasion. Of course, print it. Then I will have three done with at least three more to make.

The Victorian collection usually consists of my designs and artwork but not generally photographs. However, my one Victorian lady has my photo of Chihuly rose behind her. I'm thinking that this card with the beautiful motif in the background, it would fit nicely in the Victorian Collection.

No comments: