Saturday, June 17, 2006

A Reason to Celebrate

I've been looking at changing job shifts for some time now. I had heard there might be an opening in the dayside shift some time ago and informed all the powers to be about my wishes. Friday, I was called into the office and told that I would definitely be moving to the days. My job there would be similar to the one I do now with a few differences. This is a very big change for me since I've been working nights for the past 21 years. My new boss told me that I really impressed him which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. When I first started here 21 years ago, he was my boss then for about 10 years. I think he's just forgotten my work ethics. I'm sure it'll come back to him enforce when I start working with him again. I'm looking forward to starting my job at a different time. I don't know yet when I'll be going over to the other shift. There are things to be done first but my new boss is hoping around the end of August or the middle of September. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: